Packing and moving all of your belongings can be a time consuming and stressful process. Read over these tips to eliminate stress and use your time effectively! If you have any questions please feel free to Contact Us. We will be happy to help you with all your storage needs in Chelan!
1. Start With Supplies. The first step to any packing process is gathering all the supplies you’ll need before-hand. Supplies like boxes, tape, bubble wrap, packing peanuts, newspaper etc. will be essential.
2.The Right Box for the Job. Dishes, art, and mirrors can all be packed in specialized boxes. Packing items into their specialized box will ensure good condition while moving.
3. Handle With Care. Take care with packing all your fragile items such as any glassware, ceramics, dishes, mirrors etc. The best way to pack these items is to wrap them individually in bubble wrap. Next pack tightly into size appropriate boxes filled with packing peanuts, or bubble wrap. Make sure there is no room for shifting during the move.
4. Weight Distribution. When packing boxes, heavy items should always go on the bottom. Lighter items always on top. This will prevent any damage to the lighter possessions.
5. Prevent Injury. Keep in mind the weight of your boxes. Set the maximum at around 50 pounds. This will prevent any injuries from trying to list those extremely heavy boxes. You should always limit the weight of your boxes to 50 pounds. This will help make lifting easier for you and avoid any injuries.
6. Keep a List. One of the best ways to keep track of your stuff is to number each box and keep a list that describes all the items in the box number. It will save you the stress of searching through boxes when you need to retrieve anything from storage.
7. Use Tape. Make sure there is an airtight seal on all of your boxes. Don’t be afraid to use too much tape. too much is better than too little!
8. Have a Strategy. Keep in mind the placement of your stuff when you go to move them to storage. most-needed items should always be near the front. Keep a clear walkway for easy access.
Choose Chelan Mini Storage for all your Chelan or Manson, self storage needs!
Items That Need Climate-Controlled Storage
There are many many different things that should be stored in a controlled environment, including those that can be damaged by heat, cold or wet. Here’s an incomplete list:
Electronics – Heat, cold and humidity can ruin electronics.
Fine cloth (silk, hand-woven fabrics) – Damp spaces create a situation perfect for mildew.
Wood – Humidity can warp and rot wood.
Paintings – If you have an expensive painting, make sure the paints used are heat and humidity resistant.
Living things – Nothing living should be kept in storage, but if you need to store a plant for a week or so, make sure you have climate control.